Aging Parents and Elder Care logo

Support Group

Find Senior Care Services for Your Loved One

We have partnered with A Place for Mom to help you find the right senior care services for your loved one. A Place for Mom has established a nationwide network of carefully screened senior care providers and facilities ... everything from home care and assisted living to specialized memory care facilities. We are pleased to bring their referral service to you free of charge. (A Place for Mom is paid by their participating senior care providers and facilities.)

A Place for Mom has been helping seniors and their families find the best senior care for their needs and budget for over 10 years. Their knowledgeable and compassionate Senior Living Advisors will guide you through your search and can provide local support and resources. Let A Place for Mom help you online or call toll-free (877) 311-6092.


  Author   Comment   Page 7 of 7     «   Prev   4   5   6   7
Reply with quote  #91 
Yes my mother gets it too both diarrhea and the incontinence. Learned a few foods she can't eat salsa anything too spicy and anything too sweet like cake icing she immediately has an accident and several after. Also certain coffee creamers. We also caught her eating stuff off the floor or when she sits outside(i.e rocks, dirt, China berries) drinking soap contact solution, which we think also contributes to it. We have to keep all liquid items out of her reach. We didn't even realize she had been drinking the things she was until we notice the were becoming empty fast with no use.
Mike Gamble

Super Moderators
Posts: 48
Reply with quote  #92 
Hi Michelle,

Is your mother living with you? From what you said, I'm guessing that she is and has developed some form of dementia.

I strongly recommend that she be evaluated by a geriatric care manager. A care manager can assess your mother’s needs and develop a plan of care, subject to approval by your mother’s physician, and recommend the most appropriate living arrangement for her. This health care professional, typically a nurse or social worker, can also arrange, monitor, or coordinate long-term care services. You can find more information at the Aging Life Care Association website. 

Previous Topic | Next Topic

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.