Aging Parents and Elder Care logo

Support Group

Find Senior Care Services for Your Loved One

We have partnered with A Place for Mom to help you find the right senior care services for your loved one. A Place for Mom has established a nationwide network of carefully screened senior care providers and facilities ... everything from home care and assisted living to specialized memory care facilities. We are pleased to bring their referral service to you free of charge. (A Place for Mom is paid by their participating senior care providers and facilities.)

A Place for Mom has been helping seniors and their families find the best senior care for their needs and budget for over 10 years. Their knowledgeable and compassionate Senior Living Advisors will guide you through your search and can provide local support and resources. Let A Place for Mom help you online or call toll-free (877) 311-6092.

Sign up

  Author   Comment  

Posts: 1
Reply with quote  #1 
My grandfather is 75 years old. He was always totally fine until recently
It started 2 months ago when he asked in the morning if me and my dad had a fight , wich we tend to do but not that loud. You see, our home is a 2 story building and he and my grandma live on the 1st , while me, my sister, and my parents live on the 2nd floor. He and my grandma do have hearing problems so they Need a hearing aid. (BTW im from austria so im sorry if my english is hard to understand) and at night they take them out wich means that they really shouldnt hear anyone of us. And me and my dad never really fight loud or anything, not at night at all. So the next day he asked us if we did, and we said no and brushed it off.
Fast forward to now he hears for example the local preacher (i dont know haw to translate "pfarrer") is at the neighbours and is helping that little boy. Holy sht.
Or once he said that someone is hitting our wall and someone else says" hit harder" ... The walls are about 1/2 meter thick and he heard it at night... he does take anti depression pills and we thing its because they stopped working since he only takes 25mg but i think its something else...
Mike Gamble

Super Moderators
Posts: 55
Reply with quote  #2 
In my opinion, your father should be examined by a doctor. Perhaps his anti-depressant medication needs to be adjusted to a different dosage. Or, maybe his anti-depressant medication needs to be changed. It is also possible that he has had a minor stroke that is causing delusions. In any case, he should be seen by a doctor as soon as possible.
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.