Aging Parents and Elder Care logo

Support Group

Find Senior Care Services for Your Loved One

We have partnered with A Place for Mom to help you find the right senior care services for your loved one. A Place for Mom has established a nationwide network of carefully screened senior care providers and facilities ... everything from home care and assisted living to specialized memory care facilities. We are pleased to bring their referral service to you free of charge. (A Place for Mom is paid by their participating senior care providers and facilities.)

A Place for Mom has been helping seniors and their families find the best senior care for their needs and budget for over 10 years. Their knowledgeable and compassionate Senior Living Advisors will guide you through your search and can provide local support and resources. Let A Place for Mom help you online or call toll-free (877) 311-6092.

Sign up

  Author   Comment  
Reply with quote  #1 
Medicare ended after 100 days of paying with copayments from a private  policy for my mother.  She is paying privately for about a month to spend down bank account.  I was advised to apply for her for medicaid.  Can she be evicted if she does not qualify right away.  I am trying to sell her home but market is bad as we all know

Cat Lady
Reply with quote  #2 

When mom was close to needing to apply for Medicade the NH said she was too high functioning for a NH and had to leave.  (not true) But we were confused and stressed.  Our elder care attorney said they they (NH) can't just discharge them without a suitable placement plan.  So, if they know you are applying for Medicade and there is no where else for her to go ---  ???  Our elder-care attorney was most helpful.

Previous Topic | Next Topic

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.