Aging Parents and Elder Care logo

Support Group

Find Senior Care Services for Your Loved One

We have partnered with A Place for Mom to help you find the right senior care services for your loved one. A Place for Mom has established a nationwide network of carefully screened senior care providers and facilities ... everything from home care and assisted living to specialized memory care facilities. We are pleased to bring their referral service to you free of charge. (A Place for Mom is paid by their participating senior care providers and facilities.)

A Place for Mom has been helping seniors and their families find the best senior care for their needs and budget for over 10 years. Their knowledgeable and compassionate Senior Living Advisors will guide you through your search and can provide local support and resources. Let A Place for Mom help you online or call toll-free (877) 311-6092.


  Author   Comment  

Posts: 1
Reply with quote  #1 
My Mother is 106 and her 107th birthday will be in November.  We have three paid caregivers plus my sister and myself who care for her in her own home.  We have faced many challenges that we have overcome in order to keep her at home.
The current issue is this:  We shower her with the aid of a transfer bench and spray shower.  She is becoming much weaker and more frail but we hope to find a way to continue to shower her safely so we don't have to revert to only bed baths.  (we get her up and dressed and wheeled to a lift chair in the living room for the daytime)

We need a transfer bench that slides and that has a padded seat with at least one fold-down arm so that after we transfer her, we can fold up arm and so she is safe and secure.  Have medicare and medicaid coverage so hoping for financial help from them.
Mike Gamble

Super Moderators
Posts: 43
Reply with quote  #2 
I believe what you're looking for is the Carousel Sliding Padded Transfer Bench with Swivel Seat with Pivoting Arms.

I don't know if it qualifies for any reimbursement from Medicare or Medicaid. But, if it does, you must have a written prescription for it from your mother's doctor to qualify.
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.